Join Our Team of Dedicated Firefighters
The Honey Creek Fire Department is dedicated to providing its full time and reserve firefighting personnel with educational and training opportunities, maintaining documentation of accomplishments, coordinating certification programs.
- Be at least 18 years of age.• Have a valid Indiana driver’s license or be able to obtain one by the date of employment
- Hold a second-class firefighter certification from the State of Indiana or it’s equivalent NFPA Firefighter I.
- Be an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or be able to obtain certification, from the Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission (EMS) at the earliest date possible.
- Have no felony convictions. • Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a complete background investigation • Not have been dishonorably discharged from any branch of the United States Military or similar service.
- Applicants must successfully complete the approved department Physical Ability Test.
- Base salary of $40,000 including estimated mandatory overtime.
- Fully paid employee health and vision insurance premium. Dept. paid 50% of family at employee option. • Fully paid employee dental insurance premium. Dept. paid 50% of family at employee option.
- Life insurance for employee only, included under health coverage.
- 3% of gross salary 403b retirement contribution.
- Disability insurance available at employee expense.
- Uniforms provided and maintained.
- Personnel protective gear (fire gear) provided.
- Progressive vacation plan.
- Pay increase as granted by the Honey Creek Department of Fire and Rescue Services, Inc., Board of Directors.